Kansas City Kansas Community College

The Veterans’ Certifying Official (VCO) provides veterans of military service, active duty members, reservists, or National Guard members assistance with obtaining educational services and benefits. The office of the Veteran’s Affairs Certifying Official is located at KCKCC’s main campus, in the Veterans Center in Lower Jewel.

College Information

Main Campus Location

Kansas City, KS

Phone Number


School Code


Enrollment Information

First Time Benefit Users

  • Go to the VA website at www.gibill.va.gov
  • On the left hand side in the grey click on ‘Education and Training’.
  • Click on ‘For Students’.
  • Click on ‘Get Started’.
  • Click on ‘Apply for Benefits’.
  • Under the Apply for Benefits section click on ‘Apply Online’ link. This takes you to the VonApp Application. Please have your DD-214 on hand if you are a Veteran. Complete the appropriate application.
  • Allow 6-8 weeks to receive a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA. Bring a copy to the school Veteran Certifying Official.
  • Then, complete the additional steps below.

All Students Using Veterans’ Benefits

  • After enrolling, go to the KCKCC website.
  • At the top of the page click on the ‘Admissions and Enrollment’ tab.
  • On the next page, scroll down and click ‘Veterans Education.’
  • Next, click on the ‘Veterans Benefit Request Form’, fill it out, and submit with all required information. If you are utilizing Chapter 35 benefits for the first time please contact the Veterans Certifying Official at 913-288-7182 for additional instructions.
  • Repeat the steps above each semester after enrolling. Failure to do so will delay your benefits.
Educational Opportunities for Veterans

Financial Information

Financial Aid for Veterans

In order to qualify for the Military/Veteran tuition rate, military personnel, military dependents, and veterans must provide evidence of military affiliation to the college Registrar office. Evidence can include:

  • DD214
  • Military ID Card
  • Veteran ID Card
  • Dependent ID Card
Federal legislation known as the “Veterans’ Access to Care through Choice, Accountability, and Transparency Act of 2014,” requires all public universities and colleges to offer in-state tuition rates to veterans making use of Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits, who live in the state where the institution they intend to enroll at is located, and who file a letter of intent to establish residence in the state. Eligible spouses and dependent children also qualify for in-state tuition rates.
Scroll to Top
Skip to content