Financial Aid

What educational benefits are available?

VA education benefits can help you pay your tuition, pick out a school, and choose a career. If you’re an active-duty service member, a Veteran, a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a qualified survivor or dependent, you may be eligible for VA education benefits through the GI Bill and other educational assistance programs.

Common educational benefits include:

  • Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) helps pay for school or job training. If you’ve served on active duty after September 10, 2001, you may qualify.
  • Montgomery GI Bill helps pay for education and training programs, based on the length of your service. There are two programs for the bill - Active Duty or Selected Reserve.
  • Vocational Rehab and Employment assists active duty or recently discharged veterans with educational and career counseling services.
  • Survivors' and Dependents' Assistance aides the dependent or surviving spouse of a Veteran with educational assistance.
College Credit for Military Service

Kansas Military Service Scholarship

College Credit for Military Service

The Kansas Military Service Scholarship is available for the payment of tuition and fees at a public Kansas institution for students who are a resident of Kansas and has (a) served in military service in international waters or on foreign soil in support of military operations at least 90 days after September 11, 2001, or served less than such 90 days because of injuries during such military service; (b) has received an honorable discharge or under honorable conditions (general) discharge from military service or is still in military service; and (c) has provided copies of military discharge papers (DD-214 form) or active duty orders whichever such paper or order indicate the location of such person’s deployment and indicate the person has served after September 11, 2001, in any military operation for which the person received hostile fire pay. 

Scroll to Top
Skip to content