Residential Energy Assistance (LIEAP)
The Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) is a Federally funded program that helps eligible households pay a portion of their home energy costs by providing a one-time per year benefit.
The 2020 LIEAP application period is from Thursday, January 2, 2020, through Tuesday, March 31, 2020. Applications must be received prior to 5:00 PM, March 31, 2020.
- Print application available December 16, 2019.
- Online application available January 2, 2020.
The following summary describes basic LIEAP eligibility provisions. Additional information may be obtained by calling 1-800-432-0043.
Who is Eligible?
In order to qualify, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- An adult living at the address must be personally responsible for paying the heating costs incurred at the current residence, payable either to the landlord or the fuel vendor.
- Applicants must demonstrate a recent history of payments toward purchase of the primary heating energy.
The combined gross income (before deductions) of all persons living at the address may not exceed 130% of the federal poverty level according to the guidelines listed at http://www.dcf.ks.gov/services/ees/Pages/Energy/EnergyAssistance.aspx
Benefit levels vary according to the following factors:
- Household income
- Number of persons living at the address
- Type of dwelling
- Type of heating fuel
Please submit your application to your nearest DCF office.